Info for Scouts
Last Updated on December 15, 2013 11:58 PM
- Some merit badge classes may have prerequisites. We will be posting a list of pre-requisites on the Apalachee District Advance-a-Rama site, located at http://www.apalachee-bsa.org/aar/
- It will be your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these and have them completed. Merit badge blue cards will not be signed off for partials.
- What to bring:
- "Be prepared" and bring notepaper and pens to take notes.
- An attitude for learning
- A signed merit badge blue card, completely filled out with Troop and Scout information, as well as name of merit badge class. This is mandatory. We are reinforcing the proper merit badge procedures as laid out by BSA.
- Attend in uniform.
- If you did not order pizza for lunch, bring a sack lunch. You may only eat in the cafeteria during lunch. No Scouts will be allowed out of the cafeteria during lunch.
- Water for hydration
- Purchase and read your merit badge book before Advance-a-Rama and complete all pre-requisites.
- Merit Badge books are available at our Scout Shop at the Charles J. Alford Service Center.
- Merit Badge books as well as the 2014 Requirements book will also be available to be purchased at the day of the event.
- Money for concessions.
- A concession stand with soft drinks, snack foods, and coffee will be available before classes and during lunch.
- The concession stand is closed to Scouts during class time.
- Scouts will not be allowed out of classrooms, except during breaks and lunch. You don't own it – you don't touch it! We are guests at the school.
- Follow the instructions of your merit badge counselor and adult leaders monitoring the hallways. Proper Scouting behavior is both expected and required.
- Classrooms must be cleaned and restored to original order before scouts are dismissed from class. We should "Leave No Trace" of our being at the school.